Immerse Yourself In The Sensory Experience of Dementia
Dementia Live® is an experience that immerses participants into what life might be like living with cognitive impairment and sensory change.
Utilising specialised gear that simulates dementia specific changes including altered eyesight, hearing and tactile sensation, this safe experience is a powerful and effective tool to strengthen caregivers understanding of empathy for the people in their care.
Gaining a first-hand understanding of anxiety, isolation, frustration, confusion, and more, Dementia Live® uniquely walks participants from the “AHA” moment to empowering them with tools to improve communication, care processes, and the environment.
Dementia Live® Coach Training
Professional caregiving staff, home carers or those who are passionate about making changes in their community, attend a one-day, six-hour training class. Once completed, they are then designated as Dementia Live® Coaches and your organisation is authorised to conduct the Dementia Live® Experience with staff members, families or at community events.
During training, we show you how to track the outcomes so that you can determine the results of the program on care outcomes.
Once trained your organisation is licensed to use the Dementia Live® program and materials for one year, to train your staff or deliver family and community sessions. We provide ongoing support for Coaches throughout the first year, during the license period. Annual renewal gives you continued access to use the program with staff, families and community
See the full list of Dementia Live® training objectives here.
The Benefits of Dementia Live®
- Is Feasible: Easy to implement, this high-impact experiential learning is suitable for every member of your organisation or the community, regardless of their role.
- Heightens empathy and understanding.It helps build new bridges of communication and improves dedication to the practice of person-centred care.
- Elevates Family Engagement– A catalyst for meaningful communication, it improves time spent with loved ones and interactions with care team. Higher family satisfaction survey has shown improved scores.
- Facilitates Staff Satisfaction– Improved relationships with residents or clients can result. Understanding can help reduce caregiver stress and can contribute to improved staff retention rates. It increases employee satisfaction scores.
- Strengthens Marketabilitywith a unique and innovative program for community outreach you can set your organisation apart with dynamic programs for building relationships in your city and region.
If Coach training is not an option, consider sending your staff to one of our workshops, or ask us to create one specifically for you.